Saturday, January 06, 2007

Under attack from superiors, Principal Benz says she's sorry for being so insensitive

Churchill High School Principal Joan Benz, finding that the school board and superintendent have left her out to hang after cracking down on violent kids, has issued the customary groveling apology for being so insensitive.

"I deeply apologize to our Churchill students and parents who were offended and want to reassure you that I value each and every student in our school community and work every day to make sure each student is successful," the principal of the nation's finest public high school writes in a public self-flagellation. "I did not intend to single out one group of students in a negative light. I am particularly sorry that my choice of words reflected racial insensitivity."